Hi! My name is Karla Sorensen. Please join me while I travel to Maryland to study Climate Change and Fragmented Forests.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What do you think?

We've had quite a few discussions these past few days about Climate Change and Global Warming. What causes it? What will it cause? What can we do about it? Is there any hope? There is no one right answer for any of these questions, but we all think it is important that we start thinking about them and talking about them.

So what do you think? What do you already know about climate change? What do you think about it all?

In lighter news, we spent the morning mapping, identifying, and tagging trees in a swampy marsh area. Even though my new boots didn't let in any water, it sure was cold wading through the creek! And the whole area stinks of rotting leaves, so you're lucky I couldn't capture smells with my camera! If you had to do one job, which would it be: recording information, measuring trees, or nailing the tags into the trees? Why?

We only have one more day here, so I'll be posting just once more before I come home to all your wonderful, beautiful faces! Be Safe and Dream Big!

1 Comments:

At December 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 amber I think climate change is a positive thing. If the weather stayed the same all year long it would get boring, although I could do without fall cause all it consists of are gloomy days that make you feel like blah. I do love the color change though,

2. I would either like to record data or nail flags to the tree because I like to write and I like hands on experiences.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home